Tuesday, July 16, 2013

IPSY Bag - July 2013 Reveal

So it's been a while since I cancelled my subscription to Glossybox. I just couldn't justify spending over $20 a month on products that are just nice to haves. *Sidenote, Glossybox no longer provides their subscriptions to Canada. I guess I wasn't the only one who felt jipped with the price increase!

Anyways, my friend Tania, who also happened to introduce me to Glossbybox, told me about a new product junkie subscription: IPSY.

At first I was hesitant to join, but at $15 a month, which includes a few mini glam bag with every package, I couldn't resist. So I signed myself up last month and just received my first package of goodies!

Fancy Packaging!!
 
The products came in a bright and shiny pink package which made me more happy, because we all know how much I love pink!!

As I ripped open the package, I was excited to see some fun summer themed treats:

1 - Coola Sunscreen : Perfect for everyday wear on the face. The bottle is pretty small so I don't think it will last me all summer, but a good thing to keep in your bag when you are on the go. The ingredients are all organic which is neat as well!



2- Pouty Pop Crayon- I have been using this on my lips, but I am sure you could use it on your cheeks  for a hint of colour as well. I am a big fan of the large pencils. I feel like I have more control when applying. The only downside is sharpening...I will have to buy one of those large sharpeners if I want to continue to use it.

 
3- California Collection Eyeshadow from bh Cosmetics- This super cute pack came with 3 fun colours that go great with my light eyes. I have already used the "San Francisco" colour and it looks amazing!
 
 
4 - BeneTINT from benefit - This is a lip stain/blush that has a nail polish like consistency. It is dark red so I am a little scared to use it on my lips in case it doesn't come off. I have never tried a stain before, but it looks like it will stay put!
 

 
5- Healthy Sexy Hair Beach Spray - This was probably my favourite item in the bag. I love beach spray in the summer time! I just spray some on my strands, scrunch and go. It smells amazing and I used almost the whole bottle on my first time of use. I was sad that it was only a small bottle but happy that I got to try this brand!
 
 
6 - And of course, this is the little glam bag that all the products came in (except the spray, it was too big). How cute!!! I can use this as a travel case. And I think I get a new bag each month, so  that is exciting!
 
 
Overall I was pretty pleased with the Ipsy bag. I must admit that it wasn't as fabulous as Glossybox but I wasn't expecting it to be. The only reason why I liked Glossbybox better was the size of the products. With Glossybox I would always get at least 1 or 2 full sized products with each package.
 
I will continue with Ipsy because I am curious to see what other products I will get. If you are interested in signing up for the subscription, please click this link: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hi7uvbl1wxklxq
If you subscribe through my link, I will receive ipsy reward points!
Thanks dolls!
 
xo
Tasha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment