Monday, January 7, 2013

Fusion Hair Extensions!

As promised, here is the review for my new fusion hair extesnsions that I just got put in this weekend by Amy from HotHair.ca.
 
I always wanted to try fusion hair extensions, but just never had a good enough reason to do it. I have been pretty content with my clip-ins all these years, but sometimes they are just plain annoying! Especially when they fall out or stick out of your head and just the fact that they are not permanent! I decided to get my extensions put in now so I could have time to get used to them before my engagement photos, and to see how I liked them. Amy was very flexible as to when to book my appointment as she is a mobile stylist so she comes to your house at an agreed upon time and date (so convenient!) I have been pretty busy this week with wedding venue visits and work, so I was happy that Amy was able to come on a Sunday evening.
 
When she arrived, Felix and I greeted her at the door. We liked her right away when she told us she was a cat person and had a few of her own.

We decided to set up and do the install in my spare room (aka my Barbie room) so that there was lots of room to lay out all the hair and tools.
 
Amy was super friendly and very professional. We went over the colours of hair she brought. You will see that my hair is brown dyed red. Amy suggested using 2 tones of brown in my hair that had the same tone as the red dye. This way, when I dye my hair red again, the extensions will be able to pick up the colour very easily. She reccommended I buy the colour depositing conidioner from the line "Ice Cream" which is available at the drugstore. I plan to pick up a bottle this week.
 
I have never had fusion hair extensions before so this was an exciting appointment for me. Amy showed me the ends of the hair where the bonds are attached to the ends of my hair using a keratin based adhesive. She had a special heating tool that allowed her to bond the hairs together. This was a totally painless procedure that I would reccommend to anyone looking for luscious long locks! The hair is 100% Remy Human Hair. Remy hair is the highest quality of human hair you can buy since it has the least amount of chemincal processing done to it.
 
Once Amy made her way around my whole head with the bonds, it was time for shaping! Amy did a nice trim around the ends of my hair to give it some movement and shape. She even did the face framing layers so the hair looked nice and natural. I was thoroughly impressed with all the work that transpired in the Barbie room over the course of 2 hours. I really do feel like a Barbie now with all this hair! And what girl doesn't love long hair? This just makes me feel so glamorous and fun.

I was thinking of adding in some blonde peekaboo highlights. Amy offered to stop by anytime if I ever wanted to add a few in. I think I might add some more in as we move closer to the Spring. We were discussing how blondes do have more fun! But for now, the brown and red are working for me.
 
If you are looking into getting some amazing, quality and professional fusion extensions, I would reccommend Amy for the job! Let her know I sent you!

4 comments:

  1. I have half a bottle of the ice cream deep conditioner in cherry if you want

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks my dear. I already bought some :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great blog.Really looking forward to read more. Really Cool.
    u tip hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  4. The demand of plastic cards is always on the rise due to the versatility and amount of benefits associated with their use. A plastic card is used for advertising and promoting business services, organizations or representing individuals. The key concept behind their use is the promotion of a certain business message. Plastic cards at Alltimeprint reflect the message in ways that are sure to grab customer attention. We have a variety of methods through plastic cards printing by which customers can create professional cards that are unique to their business.
    printed gift cards

    ReplyDelete