Thursday, January 3, 2013

Here Comes The Bride...

For those of you who haven’t heard yet…I am engaged!! Over the holidays, my boyfriend Eric finally got down on one knee and popped the question. I am beyond excited because this has been something I have been waiting a long time for. We have been together for 7 years so I was starting to get a little anxious!

 Like every little girl, I always dreamed of my wedding day with my perfect prince. I am your typical girly-girl so my wedding will be very princess like with lots of frills and sparkle.

Now that I have started planning and figuring out what I want and don’t want, I am realizing just how expensive weddings are these days and I am having a hard time prioritizing what is most important to me.

I want a Fall wedding so right now my main concern in finding a hall for October. Normally weddings are planned at least a year in advance, but I always wanted a fall wedding and I don’t want to wait almost 2 years to get married.

Wedding planning can be very fun, but also stressful. I have already looked into some halls and tried on some dresses, but that is nothing compared to what I still need to do. Thankfully, I have an amazing bridal party comprised of my sister, best friend and cousins as well as a devoted entourage of family members willing to help out. (Wedding planners need not apply!)

My Pinterest boards have been quite active these days with Save the Date ideas, bridesmaid dresses, wedding gowns and party favours. Planning and organizing is kind of my “thing” so I have obviously been all over that this past week and half.  While I am still finalizing my venue, I have already booked a photographer and started wedding dress shopping.

I have booked my engagement photos for Saturday February 2nd. We decided to go with a nice couple named Paul and Melanie from Barrie, Ontario. They own Darlington Studios and do such beautiful pictures. I can’t wait for our session. It is going to be a winter themed shoot so they will make for perfect Save the Date cards. I want to have my hair and makeup done for this, but don’t feel like spending an arm and a leg for it. Since engagement photos are supposed to look more natural, I am not looking for an over-the –top look, so I booked an appointment at a beauty school in Barrie called Pro Image Hair Academy. They are giving me a great price for hair and makeup, so I am excited for my appointment.

I have already been looking into getting fusion hair extensions as well. I have always been a fan of hair extensions, but have only ever used clip-ins. I want to try using fusion so that they have more of a natural look. The idea behind fusion is that they are bonded directly to your roots. They are more expensive, but I found a lady on Kijiji who comes to your house to put them in. I am trying to get this done as soon as possible because it is such a great deal and I am eager to see what it will look like. Once I get them in, I will do a review and you can see for yourself how they look.  In the meantime, you can check out her work on her website here.

It’s only been over a week and I feel like I am off to a great start with my planning! In addition to my regular reviews and posts, I will be sure to be updating frequently on any wedding hair, makeup and shopping tips as I embark on this beautiful bridal journey.

Looking forward to a fun filled year J

1 comment: