Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Reitmans - Half Off Clearance Sale!

Last week was a bad week of shopping for me, and by bad I mean, good for my wardrobe, bad for my wallet. There were just so many things I wanted, and when those sales are on, I am credit card happy!
Last week while Eric played his new Call of Duty game for 5 hours, I went on his Ipad to peruse the Reitmans website at their half off clearance sale.  I love shopping at Reitmans, not only are their clothes great for work and every day wear, but they have a petite line which is perfect for me.  Their pants are one of the only places I can find a decent pair. They also carry their regular and plus size lines. This makes shopping easy for all shapes and sizes.
So I was super excited to see their clearance section on further reduction by 50%! Sweet score! There were pages upon pages of items up for grabs, but since a lot of people took advantage of this sale, sizes were limited. I guess this was sort of a good thing for me, or else I would have ended up buying everything!
After selecting a bunch of items, I went through my selections again and took out what I didn’t really need. Below were the items I orderd:
¾ Length Black Blazer – This was from the petite line and fit me perfectly. It has a bit of spandex material in it which makes it stretch a little. This will look great over any tees or tanks and I can dress it up or down depending on where I am going. I thought this was a steal at only $19.99, regularly $60.00!


Black and White Elbow Sleeved Striped Top – I thought this was super cute because it is long and I can wear with my favourite garment – leggings! The pattern was really appealing and was only $13.99, regularly $34.00.
¾ Sleeve Cowl Neck Top – I am actually wearing this right now. I just love how cozy it is and the colour is great for the holiday season. It has a nice cut and is also from the petite line so fits my body nicely. $14.99 and regularly $40.00.

 
 Purple Lace Trim Tank – For $6.99 how could I resist? This piece is great to wear under a blazer or cardigan. I love the rich colour and the lace. Original price - $20.00.
 

The Original Comfort Pant – As I mentioned before, Reitmans is one of the only stores I buy my pants and I am usually only one of 2 sizes there, depending on the style. Looks like I didn’t read correctly online, because I thought I ordered petite, but I actually ordered these in regular. They are beautiful, but way too big on me. Thankfully I can return them to the store or ship them back for free. I think I am going to go to the store and see if I can find another pair in my size, because I love how nice they are. For $14.99, and regular price of $36.00, I was sad that I didn’t order the right size.

 
I was happy how fast the order came in. It took about a week and it all came nicely folded in a packed bag. The refund and exchange policy is very easy and hassle free. If you want to return, you can send them an email and they will send you a free shipping sticker to send everything back. Or you can visit your closest store and process the return there. You have 30 days with receipt and unworn merchandise. Pretty standard. I would definitely order online from Reitmans again. I think their 50% off clearance items sale is over now, but they still have a sale section with items for 30% off the clearance price, which is still good. Click here to search for some finds!
I am pretty new to online clothes shopping because I used to always be afraid that things would look different in person than on the internet (like online dating! Yikes!) But if you know the brand well and how their clothes fit on you, then I think ordering online is a safe bet.  Especially now with the holidays approaching, it would be nice to see how long I can go without having to step into a mall! (I doubt it will be long!)
Do you do your clothes shopping online? Or do you prefer going to the store in person to make your purchases?

3 comments:

  1. Online clothing shopping is great for me when I know I'm shopping at a store that is going to fit. This is mainly for pants because I have no problem buying tops online. And if they have a great return policy, with free shipping back to the warehouse, I'm all for trying it! You get great sales shopping online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,for your lovely comment.^^
    Maybe follow each other???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post . It takes me almost half an hour to read the whole post. Definitely this one of the informative and useful post to me. Thanks for the share.Wholesale closeout sales The Closeout Club(Ph:3059140154)is a leading closeouts wholesaler of overstock, surplus, liquidation, salvage and closeout merchandise

    ReplyDelete