Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Black Friday, Shoppers!

Happy Black Friday to all you shopaholics out there!!
Even though this is an American event, retailers across Canada have jumped on this gold-mine tradition and are offering their own sales to encourage shoppers to stay north of the border.
Tonight I will be working my part time retail job, and am anxious to see how busy we get. I know we already had a door crasher event that ended at 2pm, so I probably won’t get a huge rush, but it should still be steady.

From now until Christmas, expect the malls to be jammed solid with frantic shoppers.
Since I didn’t really have a chance to go out and shop, I decided to reward myself with a little pre-Christmas gift from Pandora – the exclusive 2012 Black Friday Charm!!
I heard about this charm a few months ago, it was a big secret on what the charm was going to look like this year. Each year Pandora releases an exclusive Black Friday charm that are only distributed in limited quantities in the USA.

I was disappointed thinking that if I wanted the secret charm, I would have to go to the states to pick it up, and who knows if it would still be available! So this morning I called the Pandora shop by my work to see if they carried the exclusive Black Friday charm and to my surprise they did! I told them I would be over on lunch to pick it up.

When I got to Pandora, the store was busy as usual. And low and behold was the display case of the Black Friday charm. The charm itself is adorable. It actually looks similar to the gift charm (which I already have from my birthday gift from my cousins). But it is a bit bigger and is lined with red and gold trim and has a tiny Pandora gift tag on top. It is very nice and well worth the $65 price tag.
When it was finally my turn with the sales lady, she said she only had one charm in the box left and that it was mine! Hurrah! She mentioned that the store only received 55 of these charms in total, and more than half are already gone! I felt very lucky to have a fresh one in the box and not having to take one off the display case.

I think it is the most beautiful piece and I am so happy I have it as part of my collection. Merry Early Christmas to me!!

2 comments: