Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Glossybox Holiday Party Toronto!

Last night I had the honor of attending the official Glossybox Holiday Party for Toronto and I must say it was quite the event! If it wasn’t for my fellow blogging friend, Siobhan, I would not have heard about it so a big thank you to her for getting me invited and to Jillian at TraceyBrooke Public Relations who hosted J

The Glossybox party was held in the ever so lovely, Yorkville at the Marc Anthony salon. When I arrived, I was greeted right away at the door and was promptly checked off the guest list. I was immediately offered some bubbly pink champagne and some sweet treats at the candy buffet.
The salon was filled with fellow beauty bloggers and other media networking with each other and the beauty experts at each designated station. Among some of the companies represented at this event were Jouviance, Nicole by OPI Nails, VitaBath and Marc Anthony, just to name a few.

The coolest attraction for me at the party was the braid bar upstairs. They had 2 girls from Marc Anthony doing all sorts of braids on everyone at the party. I got mine done, it took her a few tries because my hair is so choppy with layers! But she ended up doing a twisted fishtail braid J I also got a chance to sit at the OPI Nail Bar where I got a sneak peak at some of the upcoming Spring 2013 and Selena Gomez Nicole colours. Downstairs they had a makeup station where you could get your makeup done with the Dark Shadows makeup kit (which was given to us in a few Glossy Boxes back). The girl who did my makeup was Christina, pictured below.  She was super sweet and gave me some good makeup tips…like how to add highlighter to my face properly and which brush to use for applying eyeliner.

I must admit I felt awkward arriving to the party alone, but everyone was really nice and I met some lovely people and exciting beauty reps.

Now for the best part of the party….the swag bags!! These beautiful pink bags were given to everyone in attendance. They were surprisingly heavy; I wasn’t expecting to receive so many sweet products!! In addition to the swag bag, I also received a free December Glossybox, nicely package in Christmas coloured tissue. (Again, I must give it to Glossybox, they really know how to package everything beautifully).

When I got home, after unloading my goods, I was buried in products! I decided that it was all too much for me to handle so I am going to be sharing some of these goodies with you!  I am going to be doing a giveaway in the next day or two so keep an eye out and follow me for more details!
I will also be doing some reviews on the new products I received, including the new Glam Glow  exfoliator which claims to be used by all the high end celebrities and not even available in stores yet. Apparently Sephora isn’t getting this in until next week, so this is something to be excited about! I will give you a full review on that and many more in the next few days.

Stay tuned beauties!

 

2 comments: