Sunday, December 9, 2012

Glam Glow--Ouch!

Sorry for the delayed posts re: Glossy Box Party goodies. It has been a hectic week and I am still sorting through some of the freebies and samples from the party. I wanted to follow up with some product reviews of some of the items I received in my swag bag, so here is the first one, and I am sad to report it was not that great :(

I mentioned in my last post how I was excited to try Glam Rock (I realize it is actually Glam Glow!!)

At the party, they had girls sampling some of this stuff on our hands. It claims to be a facial in a jar. It is made up of volcanic rock, French sea clay and green tea leaf pieces. It is grey in colour and looks like mud. When it was sampled on my hand at the party, it seemed nice and my skin felt smooth afterwards so I was excited that we received full size 50ml jars in our goody bags to bring home.

My best friend, Shannon and I had planned for her to come to my place and have a good old fashioned fun sleepover for Saturday night, so I told her we could do the mask together to test it out.

After a long day at work, I was excited to come home and try this mud mask. Once Shannon and I finished our dinner, we went up to the bathroom to wipe off our makeup and clean our faces off to prepare for the mask. The box says to apply to mask to a clean face and leave on for 10 minutes. The rep at the party told me it is supposed to be used twice a week at most, and should be used before you go out to a party or event so that your face will have a natural “glow”. (Hence the name, Glam Glow).

I let Shannon apply the mask first (after all she was the guest!) As she was laying it on, I could see she looked uncomfortable. The box says to “expect a tingle-tactic tightening affect in 10 minutes or less,” so I thought maybe the tingling was just feeling a little funny on her, but she said it felt more like a burning feeling.  I thought maybe she had just applied too much mud, so I began putting a thin layer on my face to see what would happen. Within one minute, my face also felt like it was on fire! It was crazy! Both of us could not stand the feeling and had to wipe it all off almost immediately.

After wiping all the mud off, my face still felt hot and irritated. I couldn’t believe what just happened. Shannon was in shock too. How could such a good looking product, be such a disappointment? At the party, the reps said this product is used in Hollywood. Maybe we applied it wrong? But it didn’t say to do anything differently on the box. We also had a good chuckle because lists the main ingredient in the product is TEAOXI, a patent-pending group of antioxidants. Patent Pending?! What does that even mean?! Is this stuff even safe to use?

Anyways, after all the excitement I had for this product, I was disappointed with the results. If there was no burning involved, then it would have been amazing. Perhaps this is one of those “beauty is pain” type product/procedures, like laser hair removal. But this is going to be a hard sell for those of us who prefer our “facials in a jar” to be a little more soothing and a little less irritating.
----

This week, Check out my guest post on Siobhan McCarthy’s Blog on Post Workout Makeup Tips!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! This reminds me of the time I put A535 on my back and five hour later I went to bed, and the sweat made my back burn so much that I had to wipe it all off and put a damp cold towel over my back so that it wouldn't burn anymore.

    I'm gonna say it, I would not like this pain for beauty!

    ReplyDelete