Friday, July 5, 2013

Cucumber Water for the Skin

I will admit something to you right now: I hate wearing makeup in the summer. It is hot and sticky as is, so adding more product to my face, only to see it all melt away, is  not only a waste but an annoyance.
In the summertime, I try to let my skin breathe as much as possible, switching my regular foundation for a light tinted moisturizer and loading up on the SPF!
I like to look as sun-kissed and natural as possible, but sometimes I have a sudden urge to just scrub my face to get rid of all the dirt and oil that builds up throughout the hot day.

The other day I was googling some ideas on how to get rid of blemishes and oily skin using home made recipes (i.e. inexpensive). I came across many article about using cucumbers and cucumber water on your face for nourishing your skin. Here is what I did and you can try it too:

  1. Peel and slice up half a cucumber (or whole) and place into a pitcher of water
  2.  Leave the pitcher of cucumbers and water in the fridge overnight for best results
  3.  After at least 24 hours, take the cucumber water out of the fridge and dip a cotton ball inside the water
  4. Wipe the cotton ball all over your face for a light, refreshing feel 
  5.  Take two cucumber slices and place  them over your eyes for 25 minutes. 
  6.  Take the same two slices and wipe them all over your face. Your skin will be fully quenched!!

The cucumbers on the eyes sounds like an outdated beauty regime, but I find it really works. Either cucumbers or teabags help reduce the look of puffiness underneath your eyes and really brightens them up.

The cucumber water made my face feel so moist and refreshed after. I am hoping to continue doing this throughout the summer. It is a nice, inexpensive way to get a fresh face glow.
Cucumber water is also really good for you to drink, keeping you hydrated and helping to clear the pores.

It was really hard to take this selfie!

This feels amazing on your skin!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment