Friday, February 1, 2013

Fusion Follow Up!

It’s been 3 weeks or so since my fusion hair extensions were put in and I thought I needed to give a follow up review about them.

Let’s just say, you get what you pay for. Lesson learned.

While the extensions were fine when they were installed, that was the only day they were good. The next morning they were not straight but more so wavy. I figured that was just because of the way I slept on them, so I left it waved for the day.
As the week went on, I noticed the hair getting knotted and tangled constantly. After my showers, the hair would automatically start to curl (not what I thought Remy hair was supposed to do). I would put it in a ponytail and hope to wake up with nice soft hair, but only to find more tangles and impossible knots. It was unbearable. Even at work, when I would be sitting down, the hair would just knot itself up. At first I thought I was doing something wrong and not maintaining it properly, I even got it trimmed and thinned out at the salon, bought leave in conditioner, and brushed it every day but still no luck.

This is when I realized  this hair could not possibly be real human hair. I wore my “hair” in ponytails almost every day because I could not deal with the knots anymore. I felt like a dirt squirrel with my long shaggy knotted hair. It was a nightmare.
This was the week I was supposed to have my engagement pictures, but I had to postpone them because I could not handle the hair (amongst a few other reasons).

So last night I went to a hair salon in Newmarket called Studio Five where I met the nicest group of stylists who took me in right away to have these extensions removed. My stylist was Joey and he was a laugh and a half. He made the process and quick and easy as possible and gave me some great advice on my hair and colour. Conveniently he is a blonde expert, so he is going to help get my hair back to a nice blonde for the spring time.

So the moral of the story is: make sure you research where your hair is coming from when getting extensions. Due to my bad experience, I probably would not get extensions again. Clip-ins  work just fine for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment