Monday, April 1, 2013

Jilo Spa - Bradford

Do you ever have one of those days when you feel like your face is just not clean enough? I experienced this last week, I just felt like no matter how many times I washed my face, it felt dirty and oily. I knew I was due for a facial so I scoured the internet to find a place in Bradford who offers such services but was disappointed when I realized most spas in Bradford close at 6!! (Not good business hours when majority of people work 9-5)!

Anyways, I came across the website of Jilo Spa, which is located in Bradford out of a lady’s home. I was skeptical at first since I wasn’t sure how good an in home spa experience would be, but out of desperation I emailed them and booked a facial for the following evening.
When I arrived at the house, I was a bit early so I waited in the salon. She had the salon done up in her basement and it felt very tranquil and relaxing.

Ambreem (the esthetician/owner) introduced herself and consulted me about any concerns I had about my skin. I told her my skin was very oily and very sensitive. She was very understanding and calming and made me feel at ease.
She was very nice and very gentle on my skin. I was very relaxed throughout the whole treatment. It felt good to have my pores open and cleaned out. She did everything that a typical regular salon would do, and I was very pleased with the work.

The best part of the facial was the mask. She put on a type of clay mask and left me to relax for about 15 minutes as the mask hardened. When she came back to wipe it off I was almost asleep!
By the time the whole facial was done, it was about 9:30pm and we started my treatment at 8pm. I was thoroughly impressed with the results of this spa. The price was very reasonable at $55 for this refreshing facial.

In addition to facials, Jilo Spa also does waxing and threading. I have been looking for someone who does threading. I prefer threading to waxing as it doesn’t cause premature wrinkles, especially around the eyes. The prices are very reasonable so I will definitely be booking for services here.
If you live in the Bradford area, I highly recommend this salon. Check it out at http://jilo.ca/Jilo/Welcome.html

No comments:

Post a Comment