Monday, September 24, 2012

Falling Ahead!

Good grief, summer is already over and it's been a while since my last post (sorry!) I have been quite lazy these days. Maybe it is the change of weather, the days are getting shorter and the lack of sun makes me want to sleep forever.
I forgot to do a review for my August Glossy Box but again, this month wasn't the greatest. The only noteworthy item I got was a Sebastian Potion 9 Lite hair treatment styler. It's a super small bottle that apparently retails for $20.95! It works pretty good and doesn't make my hair feel heavy of residue.
Honestly, when it comes to my everyday beauty routine I keep it pretty basic...and quick! I would much rather spend those extra few minutes in bed in the morning than fuss with my face or hair.

With the change of season, I always feel like I need to do something new and fresh! This past weekend I emptied out half my closet and attended a clothing swap party with a few girlfriends.We do this a few times a year and always have a good time. With more room in my closet, I feel like any off the cuff purchases can now be justified. I bought a few key pieces the other week when I was in the states. I think these are all must haves for any girl's Fall wardrobe...

1) A good pair of boots
Whether you are looking for a comfy Ugg type or a long legged leather, one good pair of boots that you will wear almost daily is a good investment. I bought a nice long, flat grey pair by Candie's at Kohl's for $70. They aren't real leather but they look fabulous and if I take care of them, should last me a few seasons.

2) Long Sweaters
Perfect to wear over a pair of leggings with your new boots. Long sweaters are my answer to everyday comfort and for days that I just don't feel like wearing pants! (Fat days)!  They also look super sleek and stylish when paired with a nice scarf.

3) Long sleeved tees
I actually bought a bunch of these from Walmart for a great price. They are comfortable and cozy and can be worn alone or under a jacket or vest.

4) Flats
A nice pair of flats on those warmer autumn days. Super cute if you find a pair with bows or other sorts of embellishment on them.

5) Heavy sweaters
I grabbed a few bulkier pullover type sweaters to wear over tee shirts and even long sleeved shirts. They are perfect for days when you don't feel like wearing a bulky jacket.

6) Denim
A nice pair of dark denim really makes for a put together, fashionable look.

7) Leather jacket
A hot piece that pulls together any outfit. A classic black or soft brown makes for a nice Fall look.

8) Purse
Put those bright, summery light purses away and upgrade to a more sophisticated and subtle purse. Even though we aren't going back to school, a new bag is always fun to get this time of year :)

9) Fall scent
A change up of scent may be appropriate with the change of season. Less flowery smells and more musky are appropriate for Fall.

10) Halloween Scene
Don't forget to start your search for the perfect Halloween costume!! It may be September, but you don't want to be crammed inside a costume store, the week before Halloween and all they have left is an XL bubmle bee outfit. Get out there and get creative!!! It's the day of the year that you get to be someone you are not!

What items are you buying this Fall?
Are you going out for Halloween this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment