Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Big Reveal - Glossy Box May 2012

It finally came!! After almost 3 weeks of anticipation and constant mailbox checking, my May 2012 Glossy Box arrived in the mail today.

I got Eric to make a "reaction" video of me opening it up (yes just like a kid opening presents on Christmas), but it doesn't seem to be uploading properly. Plus Eric held the camera the wrong way so I will give you the breakdown of the box in photos and you can relive the excitement with me!

The box was just as beautifully packaged as promised. Colored in a light dusty pink with the Glossy Box emblem on the front and a polka dot pattern on the inside. Everything was wrapped in nice black tissue paper and black confetti folded in the tissue paper. (Again, as noted in my earlier post, this fancy packaging novelty may wear off quickly).

The box also came with a card outlining each product and its information. It also listed the retail price for each item, which I liked. It made me feel good about my purchase, considering some of the items were worth more than the whole box itself.

I talked with my friend Tania, who reccommended Glossy Box to me, and we both received the same products. I am not sure if every person will always get the same items each month, but I guess we will find out!

So here is the list of goodies for the May 2012 Glossy Box:

1 - Curel Foot Cream



Curel is a well known brand that I was happy to see in the box. This will be perfect for summer when my feet are abused from flip flopping around all day. This was also a full size which I was impressed with.



2- Simple Face Wash



I have heard about this new brand called Simple and was excited to see them in the box. As the name suggests, Simple is just a basic face wash with no perfumes or funky ingredients. I used it right away and LOVED how clean it made my skin feel. It is especially good for sensitive skin like me. :) A definate must try. I wish this one came in the full size!



3 -Simple Makeup Remover


Another Simple product!? Wonderful! This is the eye makeup remover. I also used it last night and it was nice, and didn't make my eyes sting or anything like other harsher products I have used before. However, for eyemakeup removal I prefer to use the pads instead of liquids. But that's just me!


4 - Pandora's Makeup Box Lip Gloss



I have never heard of this brand before, but I did love this beautifully package red lip gloss. It goes on really smooth and makes my lips nice and shiny. This went straight into my purse for everyday use!

5- Sebastian Volupt Shampoo


Another full sized item! How exciting!! This shampoo is supposed to give your hair more volume and bounce. I have also never heard of this brand but I am looking forward to try them out!

And that was all for the May 2012 Glossy Box. Not a bad first impression! I can't wait for the June box!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering what all this Glossy Box talk was about!! I was going to tell you that you should get BirchBox and do reviews but they only ship to the US!

    I love your reviews! I want to see what the box looks like when it came to you and what the lipgloss looks like on! You should add more pics of yourself testing out the products! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ideas Sio!! I will start doing more pics of the testing...and I know I was so excited to open the box that I forgot to take a picture of it all nicely wrapped...next month :)

      Delete