Friday, November 16, 2012

Holiday Gear Up!


Hello friends, sorry I have not posted in a while, school work and an extra part time job on the weekends have been occupying most of my time.

And with the holidays coming up, I thought it would be appropriate to have a post dedicated to smart shopping!

Every year is the same story with me, I end up shopping early and patting myself on the back when I am done before everyone else. But then December rolls around and the stores suddenly come out with even cooler items that I already purchased! So then I end up buying those as well, and end up overspending on gifts.

So this year, I am trying a different approach…the look before buying approach. I know it sounds crazy, but if we all just took our time browsing and getting ideas instead of jumping on the first few items we see, we will save a ton and give a better gift in the long run.

Here is my list of helpful hints when heading out for gifts this season:
1)      Search online.

This time of year, plenty of retailers showcase all their Christmas specials online. There is even special free shipping if your order reaches a certain amount, or maybe even free for any dollar amount you spend. This is a great place to start getting ideas without being harassed and pressured by sales people in the mall. That way, if you decide you want to have a look at the items in person, you will already know what you are looking for when you head into the store.

2)      Giftpacks

I love when all the stores put all their great products into giftpacks! This makes it super easy to just grab and go without wrapping. A lot of stores like The Body Shop, Lush and Bath and Body Works will do this. What a great way to save on wrapping! Their wrap jobs are better than mine anyway!

3)      2 for 1

If you can avoid paying full price for anything, that is the best strategy. Most stores will offer 2 for 1 specials, or buy 1 get 1 free. Take full advantage of these deals and tackle two birds with one stone! And if you have no one to give the extra item too, why not treat yourself?

4)      Generic Gifts

I like stocking up on generic gifts if they are on sale. Items like body wash, lipgloss, gloves and scarves make great gifts for anyone on your list. So if you see them on sale, grab and go!

5)      Re-gifting

You are at the office holiday party, and your secret santa gets you something you don’t think you will ever use. Go ahead and regift it! Save your money and pass along the goods. It’s the thought that counts right?

6)      Have Fun

Shopping during the holidays gets really stressful and overwhelming, but at the end of the day, your giftee won’t care what you got them, as long as it’s something that looks nice and packaged. So don’t stress too much and think of it as more of a scavenger hunt game than a pressed for time obstacle course!!
 
Happy Shopping!!

2 comments:

  1. I started my Christmas shopping online yesterday!! I absolutely LOVE it! I'm a big searcher and love finding the "perfect" gift that I know people want. I like the excitement and surprise on their face when they get something that they know was chosen just for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all-at-one-place information. In addition to this, I always remember to keep my Tory Burch clutch with me as this is the most stylish thing that I own.

    ReplyDelete