Thursday, August 2, 2012

Glossy Box - July 2012

It's August, and I am only getting my July Glossy Box today. I don't know why they send them at the end of the month, it bothers me that it is called a July box when July is over. Anyways. I was not that impressed with this month's box. Maybe the novelty has worn off already but I don't even care about the fancy packing anymore. At least I found use with all the empty boxes....Eric's hockey/magic cards! Success! The products are getting similar and I am running a mini stock pile in my bathroom. I feel like I am someone on Extreme Couponing, stocking up in case the world ends.

So here is what came in "this month's" box:


 
1) Zoya Nail Polish - Never heard of this name, but the colour is perfect for me. Nice and bright! On the contents card, it says it has been kissed by the sea and the sand. Whatever that means...


2) Pedix Heel Rescue Balm - Does Glossy Box have amnesia? Did they not just send me a full size of Curel foot/heel cream last month!? Now I have more product to stash away since I don't use this everyday. Although the Curel was full size, this one is not. The ingredients seem a bit more fancy than Curel - shea butter, allantoin and tea tree oil. I slabbed some on today, feels nice, but definately not worth $19.95/100 mL bottle! Thanks for the sample though!


3) John Frieda Frizz Ease Strength Serum - This is probably my most favourite item in the box. I used it just now and my hair feels soft and silky. You are supposed to apply to soaking wet hair and then style as usual. I am letting mine dry au natural sans blow dryer. I still feel a little frizz, but it feels way nicer. I was upset though because the contents card says it should be full sized 50mL, but mine was only a 24mL. FAIL!

                                                            
4) Eucerin Calming Creme - This teeny tiny 5mL bottle of moisturizer is barely enough to cover one of my legs! What is with the super small sizes this month?! Anyways, Eurcerin is supposed to prevent itchiness and redness from dry skin. One of the main ingredients is oatmeal and is supposed to keep your skin fresh for up to 24 hours. I don't think it is meant for the face, but I will use this on my arms and legs (if there is even enough for both!)

                                                              
5) Dove Softening Creme Body Wash - Besides the nail polish, this is the only full sized product I received this month. This wash claims to give me beautiful skin in just 1 week. I am going to put this to the test. Hopefully it works for sensitive skin. Recently, I have had to stop using my Bath and Bodyworks body wash since I kept breaking out. :( Usually Dove doesn't use too many perfumes in their products, so hopefully this will work nicely.

                                                     

6) Beauty So Clean Sanitizer Wipes - Did somebody order wings? Because I have 4 wetnaps available for use. Sorry, but please don't send me these types of samples. I would prefer something in a bottle or tube....but in a wetnap form? No thanks. At least put them in a box so I can organize it nicely in my bathroom. These wipes are meant to clean your makeup tools like mascara wands and lipsticks. I don't normally wipe off my makeup, I only ever clean my brushes. They included a mini catalogue of all the Beauty So Clean prodcuts you can buy which include brush cleaners. I don't think this mascara cleaner will be used by me though. What a waste. I wish they sent a brush cleaner one instead.

So that was the July box. Not too impressed. Hopefully the August box is much better.

                                                    I think my paws are too dry

At least Felix my cat liked the box this month!


1 comment:

  1. This was funny Tash! I went to an event and they gave us a huge bag of all these samples - totally know what you mean about feeling like a hoarder!

    ReplyDelete